Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See it and Seize it by John C. Maxwell

I recently read Put Your Dream to the Test by John C. Maxwell. The premise of the book sounded good to me. Do you have a dream? How do you know if you can achieve it? Follow these steps...Reading the cover, I thought that this would be the gist of this book. What I got was something different. Some really obvious things that tell you that you will be able to achieve your dream were laid out in the book. It was so simple and obvious, I could have written these ten questions myself. I lost interest about halfway through, but I did continue reading it as I was reviewing it for Thomas Nelson Publishing's Booksneeze program and felt they would appreciate a full review. What are some of these questions? Is my dream really my dream? Do I see it clearly? Is it within my control? Do I have a strategy? Do I have people in my life that will help me realize my dream? I guess to someone who really didn't know where to start, this book would be a good jumping off point. But when you already have a dream and realize what you need to do to get there, this book is not for you.

----------------------------------------

I receive these books free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment