Friday, November 30, 2012

Review - Grieving God's Way: The Path to Lasting Hope and Healing by Margaret Brownley

I chose to review this book because I am studying to be a counselor and I knew that the issues of grieving and loss will come up eventually in my practice. I am a Christian so I wanted to look at something from this perspective. Grieving God's Way is a 90-Day Devotional. Each day begins with a description, talking about the stage of grief that the person may be going through. It shares a Bible verse and talks about the meanings behind it as it relates to grief. It gives tips to get through it: deep breaths, prayer, exercising, etc. It is divided into three sections: Healing the Grieving Body, Healing the Grieving Soul, and Healing the Grieving Heart. Although it does not necessarily take one through the classic stages of grief that I have learned about in my counseling courses, it is a nice resource for a spiritual person to use when they are grieving the loss of a loved one. I would encourage anyone that is having issues with grief to seek counseling or even just reach out to others who have gone through the same thing. Yes, a book like this can be helpful, but it should not be the only resource someone turns to in a difficult time such as this.
--------------------------------------------------
I receive these books free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment