Monday, April 19, 2010

Essentials for Life: Your Back-to-Basics Guide to What Matters Most by Marcia Ford - A Book Review



When I first began reading the book Essentials for Life by Marcia Ford, I was drawn in by its straightforward approach. So many books that claim to be spiritual guides just go on and on, but this one gets right to the basics and what is really important. I love how it is scripturally based through and through. I read the book straight through, but I plan on using it as a guide for spiritual meditation. If I have something that has been worrying me in my life or something that I need to work on as a Christian, this book can be a great guide for me to get started. Ms. Ford is not telling us her experiences to show us what matters most, but she is instead drawing upon the only teacher we need - God's Word. With her suggestions of where to look as a starting point, I can begin to explore more deeply and grow closer in my relationship with God. Thank you, Ms. Ford, for making it simple because it really is so simple. "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

--------------------------------
I receive these books free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment